HOME > REVIEWS > SOFTWARE > SOFTWARE/CLOUD SERVICE > Product Introduction: CamioCam Cloud-Based Home Surveillance: Every Mobile Device is Now a Surveillance Camera
Product Introduction: CamioCam Cloud-Based Home Surveillance: Every Mobile Device is Now a Surveillance Camera
By CamioCam 2014-12-01
As of November 19, 2014, CamioCam unveiled the official version of its free iOS and Android app, which enables the use of any compatible mobile devices as cameras for its cloud-based home surveillance platform. Also supports most IP cameras.
• Platform and recordings may be remotely managed and monitored in real-time via any linked mobile device or by web-portal on generic browsers.
• Users are capable of self-designating polygonal zones within a given camera view to specifically monitor for activity, with customizable push alerts per zone.
• Cloud stores up 30 days of footage for free, and stored footage is fully searchable. As of January 2015, natural language matching of keywords to video content will be supported.
• Supports two-way audio talkback on any device with a microphone and speaker.
• May be set to detect activity on a constant basis, with recording and upload videos of any notable activity to the cloud.
• Search functionality and first device linkable to the platform for free. Linking of further devices incurs a charge.