HOME > VIDEO > Lively now shipping its new safety watch
Lively now shipping its new safety watch
By Editorial Department 2015-01-22
Lively announced it is now shipping its new safety watch, an enhancement to its existing smart home product for independent older adults. Available for $49.95 with pay-as-you-go plans starting at $27.95 a month for ongoing service.
Lively’s smart home offering for older adults now combines discreet activity sensors that log certain activities of daily living with a stylish safety ‘smart’ watch equipped with intelligent medication reminders, a pedometer that counts daily steps and 24/7 personal emergency response at the push of a button. The resulting activity data is used to provide users with 24/7 help when it’s needed as well as reminders to stay mindful of healthy habits while providing family members insight about how an elder loved one is doing through the Lively mobile app, text messages or email.
“In designing Lively, we aimed to set a new standard in digital health technology for older adults by offering features that go well beyond a medical alert response device that only calls for help,” said David Glickman, Co-founder and COO of Lively. “We also recognized that delivering an attractive style that consumers would love to wear is just as imperative. So Lively’s friendly design and valuable benefits are represented throughout the entire product experience.”
“The Personal Emergency Response market is set to become a $20 billion industry worldwide in the next couple of years,” says Iggy Fanlo, CEO of Lively. “But, despite the ‘battle for the wrist’ happening in the health wearable space, no one brings the safety aspect or is focusing on an aging population that’s the most vulnerable with the highest healthcare costs. And the reality is that safety and wellness are intimately intertwined. Traditional PERS pendants have offered limited value with poor design and generally spend more time on the nightstand than on people.”
How Lively works
▪ Simple to use. No computer skill or home internet connection required
▪ In-home hub with built-in cellular network connectivity to offer emergency response coverage up to 1,500 feet
▪ When the help button is pushed, Lively’s 24/7 Monitoring Center would call the user before calling their emergency contacts and if needed, dispatches emergency services
▪ Lively’s U.S. emergency monitoring services are provided by a USA-based, CSAA Five Diamond 100% Operator Certified Central Station
▪ Includes passive activity sensors for use around the home that measure healthy living patterns and give family members insight when something may be amiss, like missed meals or decreased physical activity
▪ When a daily routine pattern shifts, Lively notifies a designated circle of family members and caregivers via email, text message or its mobile app
Later this year, Lively’s safety watch also can be paired with a smartphone for its help button to summon 24/7 help beyond the home.